THE LODGE AT WOODLOCH'S GREEN EFFORTS
Green Lodging Partnership
We are a proud member of the Delaware Highlands Conservancy Green Lodging Partnership. Guests staying at The Lodge at Woodloch can opt to have a $2 donation added to their bill which will go directly to the Conservancy. The Delaware Highlands Conservancy assures that all the special places, scenic beauty, and outdoor recreational opportunities in the Upper Delaware River region will be here for you now and every time you visit.
Green Spa Network
The Lodge at Woodloch is working with the Green Spa Network to help bring sustainable practices to the Spa industry. The Green Spa Network shares resources and training tools to encourage sustainable operating procedures.
The Lodge at Woodloch's Own Green Initiatives
- Reusable water bottles for staff and guests are made in the USA. These bottles are #1 PET plastic, which is one of the most easily recycled plastics with a very low risk of leaching.
- Filtered water in each guest room and all public spaces to reduce the need for bottled water
- As a way to give back to nature that gives so much to us, we exchanged our small individual amenity bottles for a more environmentally-friendly option. The in-shower large refillable bottles still feature our signature Rosemary Mint products…just more of it. This small change will make a BIG impact – it will save over 50,000 bottles from going into landfills every year.
- Reusable tote for overnight guests
- Light bulb recycling program
- Through Waste Management's Single Stream recycling we recycle cardboard, plastic, glass, and paper
- Water and detergent conservation, suggesting that guests reuse towels and linens
- Compostable hot and cold cups property-wide
- Composting program utilizing food waste from three resorts to ensure a constant supply of fertilizer and food recycling
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
- Battery Recycling
- Buying locally produced and organic products whenever possible (view more information on how we grow our own herbs and produce to supplement purchasing from local vendors).